Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wrapped For the Winter


After a year and a half, Ernesto and a tide that ran 6 feet over normal last Saturday; I REALLY felt it was time to go and inspect Change Of Heart down in Hayes VA. Praise be she was high and dry!

The old tarps were completely wind torn and shredded, and I mean piles of plastic tarp that looked just like you had run them through one of those paper shredders. But inside, all snug and safe were sails, outboard motor, supplies, radio, teak and mahogany........ you can tell I really love this boat eh?

Beautiful day in the 80's, smell of the salt, met with my sailing mentor SailorBob Larkin and had supper and rode west on I64 back to Verona. What is next for the Change Of Heart ? Stay tuned ( ie I'll let you know when I know!). Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home